Thursday, February 10, 2005

A Piece of Heaven Down Under

Some day I must visit Australia when there is bad weather. Because everytime I've gone, it's been spectacular - sun's rays comfortably bathe my face in warmth, breeze gently moves my hair, air smells sweeter, food tastes fresher.

I was in Sydney/Wollongong to see some family and friends in between work - don't ask me what I did for my work, because it pales in comparison to what I did for fun. The Highlight, aside from visiting my dad and catching up with my brother (and his girlfriend - nice girl :), was to see old friends I haven't seen in a while.

A delicious dinner by The Rocks with my old friend AJ, who when I first cast eyes on after a gap of 14 years, burst out with the same comment as I did "You haven't changed a bit!!"

And a fantastic awe-inspiring walk from Bronte beach to Bondi beach, with Kat. The 2 hour walk covered topics including the locale, religion, religious books, love lives, families, kids, Australian-born Chinese, politics, etc. Really everything except the meaning of life. Then again, I suppose we already covered the meaning of life. :)

The longer we walked, the more I was tempted to set my feet firmly on the path towards a real estate office to buy a place by Bronte beach. Azure waters, craggy oh-so-climbable wave-carved rocks, smooth sand, relatively well-behaved seagulls... it was so beautiful I almost forgot that real estate here would cost me something I may not ever be able to pay. But hey, a girl can dream :)

Yeah, this streak of good luck over my visits Down Under must come to an end at some point, because Murphy may not be alive, but his law is just rounding the bend to whack me in the face. In the meantime, the pictures of this visit document another breautiful break in the little piece of heaven down under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home