Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Shots of my life in Hong Kong (I)

Enough questions from people already, about how I like my life in Hong Kong. I like it VERY VERY MUCH. It could, on occasion, feel very much like New York. It can have overtones of the Mediterranean, especially around the nature parks, beaches, outer islands and mountains.

It also has its own flavor that cannot be found anywhere else. Food, people, buildings, the unique mix of East and West, and the fantastic vantage points at various spots in Hong Kong that give you the best view of what this place is all about.

It's hard to describe it in words, because Hong Kong has to be felt. People whom I've discussed about Hong Kong, when they come in person, always agree words don't do it justice. You may love it, or hate it, but you'll certainly never forget it.

I like taking pictures of Hong Kong. Too many of them, actually, to be posted properly here without resulting in an irate email from the masters of Blogger's space... so I'll have to rely on the oh-so-useful invention: the HYPERLINK.

Just to share a little of what I see with the rest of you. This type of post will be updated over time... refreshed with new albums. You'll see earlier albums of touristy shots, exploration time, learning the most obvious aspects of Hong Kong. You'll see later pictures of people, life, streets, when I start to become more and more a part of this cityscape.

Hong Kong Aug-Sep 2004
Hong Kong: Hiking Dragonback Also see this old post.
Hong Kong: Causeway Bay and Victoria Park
Hong Kong: Kowloon Park
Hong Kong: Deng Xiao Ping Centurion Exhibition (Wanchai Convention Center)

The ultimate goal of all this, of course, is to get peope to COME VISIT ME. C'mon, no more excuses. Ticket prices are at an all time low, tons of discount airlines fly here. Even the premier airlines have that polar-ice-cap-route thing where you can spend 18 hours in a tin can without touching ground in between. I even have a spare room, and I promise to clean out the junk I've piled on top of the spare bed so that you can curl up and sleep on it.

So what are you waiting for??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home