Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Let's Go To Poland

Recent rhetoric in the French negative vote on the EU consitution referendum has sparked some defiance on the part of the Polacks - I like how the Polish fight back. I say we go to Poland and support their Plumbers. Uh huh. Maybe discuss how Plumbing skills can be shipped overseas to select female homes to help them with their...plumbing.

Oh it's a rainy day and this made me laugh, cut me some slack.

Extract from BBC Article, and the Polish Tourist Board website:
The Polish tourist board has come up with a seductive image of a Polish plumber to counter negative French rhetoric about east European workers.

The "Polish plumber" - a symbol of cheap labour - became a catchphrase of the French "No" camp during the referendum on the EU constitution.

"I'm staying in Poland - do come over," says the new ad on the Polish tourist board's website for French visitors.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home