Sunday, April 10, 2005

What To Do When You're Sick At Home

So I came back from Beijing with a wicked stomach virus. The type that makes your mouth crave juice, but your throat can't swallow it and your stomach rebels against it. After sleeping for 12 hours straight I'm feeling a little better, but I'm a wimp and I don't dare to face the outside world. So it's a day of pj's, web surfing and watching DVDs. Don't underestimate the recuperative powers of a day of vegging out.

During the veg process, came across several interesting links across the broadest spectrum possible of emotional and intelligence quotients...

Xiaxue's entry about the Singapore Fashion Festival NOTE AS OF APRIL 14: I have removed the hyperlink as this post has not been permalinked and it's no longer on her home page.

I'm not a big fan of her blog, but every now and then I go on to see if she's got another new rant against people that go off about how good she looks. So this time I stumble across her entry on the Singapore Fashion Festival, and more importantly (for you boys) the TRIUMPH FASHION SHOW (ahem - boys, triumph makes women's underwear). Knock yourselves out, boys :)

Mr. Brown's Very Moving Entry
I have my fingers and toes crossed and I am so heartened to see such improvement. The love will perservere, I am sure of it.

Celly's Job Hunting Tips
All you newbies who are just starting out in the job market and haven't made it past the "send-cv-to-hr-department" stage, check out this post. Although I have an inherent rebellion against people judging others by appearances, and requiring a picture to be submitted with your cv can even be illegal in some parts of the world.

Let's Watch DVD-Subtitles Tonight
On occasion, reading the movie subtitles can be more fun than watching the movies itself. Really makes you wonder, though, whether or not the ones that subtitle Foreign Movies into English words, are in fact doing it correctly?

Quote of the week:

Good-looking men are not good in bed, because they never had to be.
- Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah Jessica Parker), Sex and the City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home