Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hi again


Hello fearsome world of blogging!

Just re-read the history on this blog and realised that since my last post, I have gained and lost some.  Gained another child, Mira, a younger sister to the lovely Layla.  Gained incredible perspective as a mother. Promoted at work. Lost a lot of years. Lost some weight. Lost some dear friends' parents, lost the wonder as a first time mum. 

In some ways it also feels like I have gained another brain. A brain that since 2008 seemed to have mutated into some kind of social justice crusader, that has mushroomed into an exhilarating cloud of frenetic energy that wants to think, brainstorm, plan, do, fail, try again, fail, learn some more, and the heck with the rules.  This other brain has forgotten detachment, objectivity, rationality. It despairs as it rejoices. It is moved to tears as it is quick to shout and scream.  It is my conscience. And it needs to have its voice.

I've expressed as much on Facebook, but I think the other brain is constrained by status update character limits.  So it is time to blog again - wish me luck as I dust off the rusty writing skills.

PS. Posts on this blog reflect purely my personal views.  To the extent that I have posted in a professional capacity, that is usually published elsewhere. However I reserve the right to make known my personal views about such postings on my blog - i.e. this blog.  I trust visitors to be adult in their blog-reading and know the difference.  If you don't, doesn't bother me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home